Unique in Atlantic Canada and one of only a few early-stage deep tech incubators in Canada, the ideaBridge Residency helps founders refine and launch physical product-based companies and transition to a stage where they can stand on their own.
Our residency welcomes diverse founders to access resources, expertise, and connections in academia and industry, so they can ready themselves for customers, transition to manufacturing facilities, and/or apply for accelerators for ventures as they move to seed stage and beyond.
Diverse industries and teams
We are proud to support founders pioneering new solutions that are transforming the planet in Ag Tech, Med Tech, Clean Tech and Ocean Tech.
We welcome applications from founders of all deep tech ventures, whether or not they have a connection to Dalhousie University.
HUB Alumni have backgrounds in the full range of engineering disciplines, as well as medicine, neuroscience, environmental science and more.
ideaBridge Residency Program
ideaBRIDGE comprises two options for ventures who have a working prototype:
ideaBRIDGE Affiliate: Work virtually and access hands-on support from our in-house engineering team to refine your product, through scheduled support sessions. Useful for a pre-Residency term, as well as Alumni needing occasional support.
ideaBRIDGE Residency: Join us for a year and receive a dedicated workstation for teams of four, including desk space, work benches, 24/7 access, and support for all technical and mechanical engineering needs. Receive custom curated advisors based on your venture’s needs, industry, and funding strategy.
Ideal ideaBridge residents
- Between 1-4 employees
- In need of space and specialized facilities to bring their prototype to customer pilot and beyond
- Seeking more industry and Faculty advisors to refine their product
- Expanding their team and positioning for funding
About our graduates
- Between 7-15 employees
- Tested product in customer pilots and early-run manufacturing
- Secured financing need to stand on their own
- Been accepted into a later stage incubator/accelerator
- Established as a startup and are preparing to scale